Friday, November 21, 2008

Fairy Tale Friday ~ "Pinkalicious"

Kaylee had a book fair at her school all week. Thursday night, we got to go to her school to buy books. Yes, we were allowed to go spend money on more books 'cuz we just didn't have enough already.... Her and I went, and she made mouse cookies (her class book was "if you give a mouse a cookie") and we picked a book from the library to purchase. She chose "PINKALICIOUS".....go figure. Her reason... "pink is my favorite color".





So, if any of you with young girls have not yet read this book- GO BUY IT!!! It is the cutest story about a little girl who is helping her mom make cupcakes. She of course wants to ice them with pink icing. "Pink, Pink, Pink" were her exact words. So, they make the pink cupcakes and she eats one, then another, then another. She offered one to her brother, who didn't want it, so she ate his too. She woke up the next morning and was pink! Her mom took her to the doctor who told her to eat nothing but green stuff all day. She didn't listen, and she ate just....one....last...cupcake....and woke up the next morning and was RED. So, she knew what she had to do. She ate green all day and when she woke up the following morning, she was back to her normal color. But, the cupcakes were all gone. Her dad asked her where they were and all the sudden her little brother appeared (and was all pink) and said "Pink-A-Boo". Ok, so that was a short version, from memory, so I hope I got it all right.





So, today was character dress up day at Kaylee's school. Who did she choose to be?????

Yep, she was Pinkalicious! (And she posed herself and actually said "mom, that was my pose")

Chris asked me where I got the pink for her face, and I responded "in my makeup I don't ever wear" and he said "I can see why you don't ever wear it" HAHAHA.

Oh, and by the way, this pink hairspray you get from walmart..... turns your boogers pink. Just in case you were wondering.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

McKenzie chose that book at her Book Fair too! Just to let you know...they make make pajamas with Pinkalicious all over them. I need to go and find out which catalog they were in. Maybe you can Google Pinkalicious pjs. I'll let you know when I find them.

Anonymous said...

OMG, that made me laugh so hard! :) I'm not sure I even want to show Kate the pic, though. I'm sure my pink-loving child will want to dress up just like her cousin if I do!

and about the bugars... seriously. tmi. :P

Anonymous said...

Okay. Finally gave in and checked it out from the library. Not only did Kate love it, so did Ethan!! Who knew? Thx for the recommendation. :)