Monday, August 24, 2009

Anniversary Oops

So some of you may know that Chris and I got our wedding date tattoo'ed on us years ago. Neither one of us wanted to do name tattoos, so we decided to do the date that we were joined as one. Mine is on my back shoulder, and his is on his arm. (mine below)
I'm actually pretty wise to suggest this because then, he has no reason to ever forget our anniversary....right?

So we went out Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary with a romantic dinner. I asked him before we left if we were going to exchange cards that night, or wait until Tuesday (our actual anniversary). He responds "uuum, how about ON our anniversary....WEDNESDAY!"

Yikes! How did I not know when it was? Well, in my defense, I knew what DAY it was, the 26th....I just didn't know when the 26th was this year... I've been extremely busy and my calendar is no longer a calendar day timer. It's a list of dates on my iPhone. So, I rarely know what day of the week it is when I wake up, nor do I know the actual date. I thought our anniversary was the day after the kids went back to school, which I thought was Monday, which would make our anniversary on Tuesday.....well....they go back Tuesday, which makes our anniversary on Wednesday. Gosh, he got me there.
Fast forward to Sunday night..... we go to "meet the pastor", a new member fellowship at our pastor's house. We are all taking turns "telling about our family" and sharing who we are, all about our kids, etc.... So, since my husband is the quiet, shy and observing type, he lets me do all the talking.....naturally.

I start "We are Chris and Tiffany.....we've been married 9 yrs this coming Tuesday......"

He says "ahem...Wednesday"

Of course, uproars of laughter fill the room, hi-fives are taking place between the men and Chris, and he then proceeds to show everyone his tattoo and why he doesn't forget our anniversary.....

Yeah, he showed me up......and I giggled.....not just once, but TWICE I have done that in a matter of days.

So, later on in bed we were chatting and I told him "don't be surprised if I tell you Happy Anniversary on Tuesday again, since I can't seem to remember what day of the week it is on"

He replies (as Chris would do in this situation......) "it's OK, you just totally set me up for looking like the BEST husband ever....."

And he really is......which is why I love him.

No comments: