Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our First Appt with the Neurosurgeon

Today was a very emotional day for me. We met with Dr Leurssen at Tx Childrens Hospital nerosurgery clinic. He is the chief of neurology there. He explained to us the details of the surgery. He said he will do the zig zag incision across the top of his head from ear to ear. Then, he will remove the piece of bone that is fused and then stitch him back up. He took one look at him and could tell he had it. They did the MRI and scanned him for a helmet. He will have to wear the helmet for 6-8 months after the surgery. I cried at the thought of Grayson going through surgery so early in life. He's so tiny. He weighed 8lbs 8 oz today, but he grew an inch and a half. So, he's up to 21.5 inches now. I am the most terrified of the anesthesia. Too many "what if's" are out there for me to worry about, and for those who know me, you know I worry about EVERYTHING! I am the world's biggest worry wart! This totally sucks! First, I had to have surgery to get him out, and then he has to go through surgery also. I'm a mess today. I can't even think straight. Oh, and it's my Dad's birthday. I need to remember to call him. Happy Birthday Daddy!

No comments: