Friday, July 18, 2008

Surgery is Scheduled

Grayson is 4 weeks old today! The clinic called me back and his surgery is scheduled for August 7, 2008. Dr Leurssen wants to do it earlier than I originally thought because he said the bones are still "moldable" this early in life, and the longer we wait, the harder the surgery is on the child. The scariest part now is that he will need a blood transfusion. We are trying to find a family member who will donate and can be a match. They have to test for the CRV virus, which most adults carry in their blood, but children do not. So, it has to be VERY clean blood. Chris, Debbie, Casey and Chris Sr are all going to donate Monday. I am a freaking wreck! How am I supposed to hand off my child to someone else so they can cut open and perform major surgery on his head? No mother should have to go through this. EVER!

No comments: