Friday, June 20, 2008

BIRTH DAY! Grayson Alexander has arrived

Woke up at 3:30am, had some crampiness, thought I had to poop. Had one little piece come out. Cramps subsided, went back to bed.

5:45am- woke up again, cramping, and thought I had to poop again. I had another tiny piece come out, and when I wiped there was blood on the TP. I called for Chris to come in and as I was talking to him trying to figure out why I was bleeding, we noticed that I was having contractions about 4 minutes apart. Painful contractions, that hurt and I couldn’t talk through. We called the Dr and he said to come on in.

7:00am- We arrived at the hospital to be checked and monitored. I was still contracting every 3-4 minutes. They cheked me and I was dilated to 4cm.

7:45am- We were admitted to the hospital and checked into our room. My nurse was rude, and blew my vein on my left hand. I told her my right hand was better, but she didn’t listen to me. Stupid Bitch! (luckily she had somewhere else to be, so I got a new nurse...a very nice nurse)

8:40am- Checked me and I was dilated to 6cm with a bulging bag of water. I am extremely happy because I am doing it this fast on my own! I ordered my epidural. I hoped they got there in time. I'm pretty miserable!
Photobucket

8:50am- Got my epidural, and now, I am feeling great!!!!
Photobucket

9:45am- they came and put in my catheter. I couldn’t feel a thing, but it burns when I feel like I have to pee.

11:00am- Dr Norton came in and broke my water. I was still at 6cm, but contracting regularly. I thought maybe my epidural was going to stall labor, but it didn’t. YAY me!

11:30am- Nurse checked me again and I was 7cm now. I’m making progress again! Yay me!

NOON- I am at 9cm and feeling the urge to push. Lots of pressure in my bottom.

12:10pm- I had my nurse to check me again, because I felt even more pressure. I’m still at 9cm with a little bit of anterior lip left.

12:40pm- still no change. Lots of pressure in my bottom, and my body won’t dilate the rest of the way. I talked to my nurse about pitocin. I don’t want it, but if it helps me get through that last centimeter, I will take it. I feel like I’m ready to push, but I can’t push yet.

2:00pm- Dr Norton came running in along with 3 nurses. Grayson’s heartbeat was down to 50, then back to 200, then down to 50, then back to 180. What is happeneing? My BP was 81/45….really low! We think he is stuck for some reason, but not sure why. Maybe a cord wrapped around his neck? They checked me and I was still 9cm with the lip left. They start flipping me side to side in hopes of helping him to descend. (flipping is VERY hard to do when you are numb from the waist down!)Dr Norton mentions a C-Section. I feel OK with it, if it means he will be here and be OK, but it's definitely not something I am eager about or even wanting to think about.

2:20pm- My anesthesiologist came in and topped off my epidural and gave me some stronger stuff in case we had to go back to the OR. They are still flipping me side to side.

2:30pm- Nurse came in and shaved me down below. I’m pretty sure the C-section is immenint at this point. Damn!

2:35- Dr Norton checks me again and he is still high, won’t descend, and I’m 9-9.5cm with an anterior lip still present. She said those God awful words “let’s go have a C-section!”
Photobucket

2:45pm- I was wheeled into the OR for an emergency C-section. I was disappointed that I would not be having the delivery I had hoped for, but I was proud of myself for going as far as I did on my own, and as quickly as I did. My labor was basically 8 hours (would have been shorter if he hadn’t gotten stuck) and I went into labor on my own.

3:01pm- Grayson Alexander was born weighing 7lbs 15 oz and was 20 inches long. He was crooked in my uterus and his head was trying to come out with the back of his head first, instead of the top.
Photobucket

4:00pm- I am finally in recovery. I had a small tear in my uterus that had to be repaired, and then she had a plastic surgeon close me up so I wouldn’t have a big scar. He used this Dermabond stuff that glues your skin together instead of stitches. So, all of my stitches on the inside are dissolvable, and then I am glued together on the outside.

5:00pm- I was out of recovery and wheeled back into my room where Chris and Melissa were waiting for me. I finally got to see Grayson about 6pm. He is beautiful! I am soo Happy. There are no words to describe my emotions.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: