Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Demo has begun!

My kitchen remodel project is under way! I am so freakin' nervous! I don't handle demolition of my house very well. I'm a neat, organized person, and right now, I feel SOOOO overwhelmed with the living conditions of my house! I know, I signed up for this, and I knew what I was getting myself into, but I still feel chaotic at the moment. My "make shift kitchen" is a bit cramped. I have my computer room, "kitchen", dining room, living room, and craft (bow making) room all in one, and it's NOT that big of a room to begin with! At night, we feel like we are on top of each other! I LOVE bedtime for my kids, not so much for the quiet, but for the breathing room! I can't wait until this is over! Not only will I have my somewhat dream kitchen (my dream kitchen would be much bigger, but I am working with what I got) but I will be able to "move" back in downstairs! We'll get to enjoy the big screen TV again. We'll get to resume our normal life. I'll finally get to make it back to the gym! We won't be living in dust! By the way....did I mention I'm allergic to dust? This is sooo much fun! LOL My allergies are so done with this! But, the tile is now completely removed, and the flooring is all completely removed, so hopefully the majority of the dustiness is over with. I had to go out to the garage to give my allergies, nose, and throat a break. Now, after we dust and wipe down our entire upstairs tonight, they will be continuing tomorrow!!!

Photobucket
My temporary dining room

Photobucket
My temporary pantry and refrigerator(s).

Photobucket

Photobucket
the bar and breakfast area. The bar will be counter height and all one piece instead of 3. This will be our new eating area, so it will also extend out 12 inches instead of 5. Where the bar is "C" shaped, it will be "L" shaped when we are done.

Photobucket
The fridge is moving to the far right in this picture, where the light switch is now. My lovely builder put the fridge in the most GOD awful place, so I can't use the cabinets above it or next to it....wasn't that thoughtful?

Photobucket
The bar will look totally different when it's done! The posts will be removed/rearranged. The skinny one on the left will be gone completely, the fat one in the center will be gone completely, and the fat one to the right will be gone, but will be replaced by a skinnier one 2 ft out. (right about in line where that clock is hanging on the wall.)

Photobucket
We're putting top and bottom cabinets in where the fridge is now. We're also tiling the whole downstairs, except for the two rooms past that silver tarp. We're also getting quartz silestone countertops! YAY!

No comments: