Tuesday, September 16, 2008

~Grayson's New Hardware~

Grayson FINALLY got his protective helmet today. It's been quite the process getting this thing! Between all the appointments, lack of information in setting up the appts, then having the helmet made, and getting it delivered....it's been quite a trying few weeks for us. He was supposed to have it last Wednesday, they called and re-scheduled because they were having problems making it for a patient as small as him. Thursday, they rescheduled again, because it still hadn't come in. Friday, we got re-scheduled due to Hurricane Ike coming. Monday, WE had to reschedule due to Hurricane Ike damage (loss of power, phones, water, etc)...so today, he finally got it! I love this first picture...I HAD to post it, because his facial expression is so darn cute!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(The brown spot is where it was heated and adjusted, it's not a bruise)

Photobucket

I'll post more pictures once we get it decorated! I'm still hunting for some Dallas Cowboys stickers that will fit......
He has to wear it for 23 hours per day. 1 hour break for washing his hair, and cleaning the inside of it. He SWEATS so bad in it!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Tiffany - Grayson looks so cute, and it doesn't seem all that uncomfortable. I can't imagine that the Texas heat would make it too much fun on a warm day though. I'll bet it starts to smell real pretty on those days!

Rebecca said...

Tiffany: I did not expect the helmet to be clear for some reason I pictured it to look mor like a bike helmet. I don't know why? Cute pictures! I hope he gets used to it quickly.

Rebecca