Saturday, October 11, 2008

More Remodel Pictures

We got a little bit of painting done. By "WE" I mean mostly Chris. I had a baby shower to go to. (hehe) I painted the dark color and Chris painted the rest while I was gone. My mother was gracious enough to watch my 2 older children over the weekend so we could get it done without any interruptions. (Thanks Mimi) We painted this odd shape part the darkest color (stone quarry) so it would be "accented".




We went and picked out new light fixtures and ceiling fans. Christopher installed the celing fan. (It even has a remote with a dimmer! I feel like a rich girl...hahaha)


Our back wall is also Stone Quarry, our accent color. Then, we have Potters Clay on the wall with the fireplace and the one next to it. (It looks darker, but it is the same color) Gobi Desert is the next color, but you can't see it in the pictures yet. It's our main color. They all match and coordinate with the tile. I love neutral colors, and they compliment each other very well.

Below is my kitchen light fixture that matches the ceiling fan.

Below is the light fixture that we replaced the cheap chandelier with. Also matches the ceiling fan.

So, tomorrow, we'll finish painting the Gobi Desert color, and start painting the kitchen. We also decided to buy a new fridge! YAY! I am such a nerd. I LOVE getting new appliances! We picked out a counter depth french door fridge with freezer on bottom in white! I can't wait to get it! We went shopping last weekend for 6 hours at 8 different stores, and finally found some 24" wrought iron barstools. They are swively too. I can't wait to sit down and eat a good homecooked meal, from my oven, at our new bar! I actually miss cooking. This microwave cooking every night is for the birds.....well, actually, birdseed is for the birds, but you know what I mean.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors. Those are so beautiful and warm and they look great with the rock on your fireplace, too!

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I recognize those fixtures. I think I've seen them somewhere else - many times!

It's all looking very good. Can't wait for Thanksgiving at your house!