Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Years from Houston...well, close to it anyways. I am eager to see what 2009 can bring for us. I am excited to start the new year off with a new President, Barack Obama. I can't wait to see what kind of "changes" we are in for. Hopefully this economic slump we are in will start to improve a little bit.

I'm ready to start off the year with 3 healthy children and a healthy husband! Hopefully we will finally get over all this sickness we are fighting right now.

I'm ready to tackle my New Years Resolutions. I've never made New Years Resolutions before. Mostly because deep down, I knew I'd never be able to keep them. I don't ever make the same old lose weight, stop smoking, start eating right resolutions....those are already my lifestyle changes I've made before. But, I figured I would post them here so you all can help hold me accountable for them. So, here goes:

I decided I would make 3 resolutions this year to benefit my entire family. My resolution for Chris' benefit I would rather not post on here, but basically I decided that we need more "alone" time....like twice a week.....at minimum. Since we are trying to get the romance back, and concentrate on each other more, I figure it would be a good place to start.

The second one is for my children. My resolution is to take them to church as much as possible, find a new church home, and get them involved in a good children's church program. Since leaving our last church because of location and gas prices at the time being so sky high, we never really concentrated on finding something closer. We visited a few places but never made a solid decision where to go. This year, we are going to church, for the kids sake!

The third one is for me and only me! I am going to stop protecting everyone else's feelings and start protecting my own feelings. For my entire life, I've always worried about other peoples feelings, how they would react to things, not hurting people's feelings, not saying mean things....etc. Now, this does not mean that I am going to turn into super bitch.... nor does it mean that I have been completely innocent in this area in the past. I've made my fair share of rude remarks. It just means that I'm simply not going to put others feelings in front of my own. I have to learn how to say NO every once in a while, and learn that I can't please everyone. I have to please myself. I've been hurt recently by a few people and I've always let it slide or bury it under the rug. Well, not anymore. I can't keep ignoring my own feelings just to satisfy others. I have to start protecting myself and this means that I will be making changes and changing my priorities around this year.

So, there you have it... those are my 3 New Years Resolutions....stated out loud.....for everyone to read.....and hold me accountable for. I believe I can do it....and Chris hopes that I can keep them up....especially the one for him...... (wink, wink)

No comments: