Thursday, August 28, 2008

27 Pancakes

My son, a picky eater, has only a handful of things I can get him to eat. French fries, Chicken nuggets, Cheeseburgers, Chips and cheese (mexican food), and anything that has the word "cookie" in it. (In my vocabulary, I call granola bars, nutri-grain bars, and anything else that resembles a sweet snack... a cookie, just so he'll eat it) He eats so healthy right? I blame myself because that's basically what I ate when I was pregnant with him....hehehe. We've recently added "popcorn plates" to our menu too. These are chocolate chip rice cakes, that I purchased for ME when I joined Weight Watchers again this time, but if he'll eat them, I'll gladly share.

I ask my children what they want for breakfast and lunch, just so that A.) they feel like they are making a grown up decision, and B.) I dont have to bother making something only for them to reject it as soon as I put it on the table. So, I let them choose those meals, and I get to pick what's for dinner. It really makes my life easier.

Tuesday, I ask Brayden what he wants for breakfast. We're in a hurry so that we can get Kaylee off to school in time. He looks in the freezer and picks the Eggo Mini Pancakes. Cool! Microwaveable, quick, easy, and he can eat them in the car if needed. So, I heat him up 6 mini pancakes. He scarfs them down. We take Kaylee to school. We get home. He wants more. So, I make him 3 more for a snack. Lunch, same thing....he wants pancakes. Ok, if that's what my baby wants, that's what my baby gets. I heat up 9 more. He takes a while to eat the last 3 or 4, so he ends up taking them into his bed with him as he watches a movie and prepares for nap. I go check on him 15 minutes later...pancakes are gone, tummy is full, and he is ZONKED out. So, 18 pancakes in 1 day! Granted, they are mini pancakes, but still....are we tired of them yet?

Nope! Wednesday morning, I ask again, what he would like for breakfast....I get this..."Pancakes...lotta pancakes!" Ok, 9 more pancakes....in a bowl...in the car.

MY SON ATE 27 PANCAKES IN 2 DAYS! Holy Cow!

No comments: