Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 4

4:46pm- I got a 2 minute break today from holding Grayson, just long enough to brush my teeth and change shirts. I'm still in PJ pants and glasses. He won’t let me put him down anywhere. Chris is holding him now, but only with my PJ shirt from this morning wrapped around him. Good Grief! Chris said he thinks the Dr forgot to cut the cord when he came out….He’s definitely attatched to momma!!! Kaylee and Brayden just got home. Kaylee had a million questions about his scar. She wants to know how long until she can kiss his head again. Brayden just asked “what is that?” and after I explained it was a big boo-boo, he rubbed Grayson’s arm and said “It’s OK li’l buddy” Too cute.

Each day gets easier. I know he is in a lot of pain, or uncomfortableness (is that a word? today it is anyways) so I try not to let it bother me. Especially knowing that it's my last child, I am loving the cuddleness that he shows. He won't sleep in his pack n play, he will only sleep next to me. I guess I should feel honored, but at the same time, I need a good nights sleep for once. I'm exhausted. What happened to his 6 hour block at night? He is only going about 4 hours now! So, I'm up feeding him 2x per night now. I am so tired in the mornings, Kaylee pretty much gets everything that Brayden needs and plays "mommy" to him while I doze on and off from the couch. I'm so thankful for her, but I also feel bad that I don't have the energy to do anything. I can't wait to get back to the gym either, but that will have to wait until Grayson gets his helmet on.

No comments: