Saturday, August 30, 2008

Grayson is 10 weeks old!

Grayson is 10 weeks old! I have been breastfeeding him for 10 weeks now. That's 1/5 of my goal. That means he is 1/5 of the way to turning 1 also which seems like it's right around the corner. I feel like we have this feeding thing down pat! I had so many issues with the other 2, I never thought I would make it this far. I'm proud of myself....and him. We nurse in public with the help of the "Hooter Hider" nursing cover. We nurse laying in bed for our 1 night time feeding. He is somewhat on a routine (schedule if you call it that, I prefer routine). He is getting to be quite the chunky monkey. He's pretty smart too. He beat both Kaylee and Brayden in the rolling over department. He started rolling over from front to back at 8 1/2 weeks. Kaylee was 10 1/2 weeks and Brayden didn't do it until 11 1/2 weeks. I guess my milk is giving him LOTS of brain juice. He is also outgrowing his 0-3 month clothes (sad face). I just keep telling myself to hang in there. I really enjoy it, although I do feel somewhat overwhelmed being the only one who can feed him. I have tons of milk stored, but I would just rather feed him myself if I'm available because he actually nurses faster than he takes a bottle. Plus, I leak like CRAZY still. So, nothing new to report. His stitches are healing fast. He goes for his helmet fitting on the 3rd. He's growing up too fast. I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it since I KNOW he's my last. (Chris is getting snipped in a few weeks) I am savoring every smile, every grin, and every milestone that he crosses. I have even put off chores (gasp!) just to spend more time holding him or staring at him. Laundry can wait. My dream in life was to be a mommy, and I am enjoying it to the fullest!
Photobucket

No comments: